Recently, we introduced China’s plan to revive the economy via technology with Made in China 2025 and discussed the 10 key industries. This included ICT and heavy industries. Today, Digital Ventures will share the final industries in Made in China 2025 that will surely satisfy our readers as it is about deep technology in complex industries such as the medical, agriculture, and energy sector. Let us take a look.
10 key industries
- New Information and Communications Technology or ICT
- Advanced Numerical Control Machine Tools and Robotics
- Ocean Engineering Equipment and High-Tech Ships
- Advanced Rail Transit Equipment
- Energy Saving and Smart Vehicles
- Electricity Equipment
- Agriculture Equipment
- New Materials
- Biopharmaceuticals and High-Performance Medical Equipment
These industries involve deep tech and emerging tech which is the base of new research that will lead to better living. This includes Electricity Equipment, Agriculture Equipment, New Materials, and Medical Equipment.
The power industry is a significant mechanism driven by the digital industry both of today and tomorrow. The stability of power comes from the ownership of technologies and good solution management. China realizes both local and international opportunities, thus, they have included it in the plan.
- Power Generating Equipment will increase China’s power stability and serve as a core driver for the smart city. By 2020, China aims for Chinese power generating equipment to capture 90% of the domestic market with exports accounting for 30% of the total production capacity. By 2025, three local manufacturers must become global manufacturers with renewable energy products and energy-saving equipment while capturing over 80% of the market.
- Electricity Transmission and Transformation Equipment are crucial to energy usage around the world; thus, the market is massive. By 2020, China’s output shall surpass 2.2 trillion RMB (approximately 10 trillion THB) with 20% as exports. By 2025, the output will increase to 3 trillion RMB (approximately 15 trillion THB) with 25% as exports.
The agriculture sector nurtures the people and livelihood of human around the world. Therefore, agriculture equipment production is an interesting sector that can help China control its production. In Made in China 2025, China focuses on manufacturing agriculture equipment, especially for the industrial sector.
- Agriculture Equipment. China targets high-end equipment and items that support large industries such as tractors, cotton pickers, and machines above 200 horsepower. By 2020, China aims for the equipment to capture over 30% of the market and, by 2025, the share will increase to over 60%.
Many wonders why China included materials production in the plan. The answer is in the detailed plan that these materials will lead to new product development in almost every industry that China is operating and developing. Let’s take a closer look.
- Advance Basic Materials refers to all materials that can be applied to other industries such as steel, metal, building materials, light industry materials, textile, and other related items. By 2025, China hopes to upgrade material production to the advanced level both in quality and production process.
- Essential Strategic Materials are materials related to Made in China 2025 such as high-end equipment with special alloy, high-performance separation membrane materials, high-performance fiber and related composite materials, new energy materials, electronic ceramics and artificial crystals, biomedical materials, rare earth materials, advanced semiconductor materials, and materials related to the advancement of the strategic emerging industries. By 2020, China aims for essential strategic materials to capture over 70% of the domestic market and increase to 85% by 2025.
- Cutting-Edge New Materials include 3D printing materials, superconducting materials, intelligent bionic and metamaterials, etc. As new materials require research, the goal is focused on R&D. By 2020, these materials must support mass production and applicable to key industries. By 2025, China must be among the leaders in research and production as well as participate in setting global standards.
Biopharmaceuticals and High-Performance Medical Equipment
The medical industry is core to every country’s development plan in order to succeed in the efficient and immediate care for the people. However, not every country is able to export biopharmaceutical and medical equipment to the global market. The development of global medical technology is a market that Chinese seeks to enter in an attempt to become the innovation leader of the world.
- Biopharmaceutical. China aims to be among the manufacturing leaders for biopharmaceutical. The goal is divided into the qualitative and business aspect. For the qualitative goal, China aims for 100 companies to be certified by the World Health Organization and prepare for exports to the USA, Europe, and Japan. Also, they will support research for Chinese medicine and biotech pharmaceuticals. For the business goal, the production will support more than 90% of the global market and by 2025, Chinese medicine shall be qualified for export.
- High-Performance Medical Equipment includes medical equipment for domestic or regional hospitals and other important supplies. By 2020, the goal is to capture 50% of the domestic market and at least three local brands are internationally recognized. By 2025, the equipment will capture 70-80% of the domestic market.
This wraps up the 10 key industries in Made in China 2025, the mechanism that will shift China from a destination for outsourced manufacturing to a world leader for innovation. The integrated plan serves as a good example in policy makers in Thailand. We have more stories about business, technology, and development, follow the Digital Ventures blog for more updates.
Thank you for the information from uschina.org.