We have previously shared some basics about Cloud Computing & Security. Surely, Deep Tech doesn’t stop at merely enhancing the power of the internet, they can be combined with other Deep Tech to expand its capacity and increase efficiency. Today, we will talk about combining Cloud & Security with AI that is not only an idea but has already been developed and applied.
Why AI is a good assistant for Cloud & Security.
Normally, ideas behind innovation derive from trying to solve a problem. For instance, Cloud Computing & Security were invented so that everyone can use high-quality computers via the internet. However, it is this vast coverage that brought about a new problem which is the enormous amount of data and expanded infrastructures to support the fast-changing demand. If a human was to solve this problem, they would need time to manage the data. Also, the knowledge needed to support the infrastructure will also require time for teaching and may not be able to keep up with the urgent demand of today.
Therefore, AI and machine learning have become suitable tools for managing Big Data. Also, they are fast learners with their abilities as follow:
- Untiringly monitoring and solving problems all the time. They act as security guards who always watch out for abnormalities.
- Learn from flaws at great speed and is a unified process within the system. They can learn from new situations and pass on the data within the system without wasting time.
- More data means more learning and improvement. They can analyze at great speed, thus, they are suitable for Big Data in the cloud.
Tangible applications of AI with Cloud & Security.
The application of AI and machine learning with Cloud Security can apparently help operations. Currently, AI is used in several tasks as follow:
- Enhancing the process. The Cloud Computer utilizes much hardware, thus, producing numerous log files that will affect the efficiency of the computer. In the past, it is the role of database administrators to monitor and delete files so that computers can work at full capacity. Nowadays, we can teach AI to manage log files. Moreover, AI can manage the computer to increase capacity by managing system settings. Therefore, it can help reduce cost and time.
- Helping to improve the hardware. IT operations are familiar with system planning and design wherein the hardware must be cost-saving and fit for the objective. Unquestionably, the larger the system, the more complex the planning. This problem is alleviated when it is assisted by AI. Today, giant cloud service providers are developing AI to control the computing efficiency to match the type of work such as Big Data, 3D game render, to the data warehouse and helping to fully utilize resources.
- Flexibly adjusting the system’s infrastructures. Businesses may demand to use the cloud at different rates at different times. Although we are able to adjust the infrastructure to match the demand, yet the use of human labor to constantly evaluate and anticipate the amount of usage can consume a lot of time. Today, we can use machine learning for the big pool of data and they can accurately estimate usage. Currently, giant IaaS providers are offering structure adjustment services using machine learning and AI.
- Reducing energy usage in the cloud system. Although we can use it via the internet, Cloud Computing still requires a physical hub or data center with numerous server and hard drive that are always running, thus, resulting in a high amount of energy usage annually. Interestingly, AI can help reduce energy usage. An example is, in 2016, Google experimented with Deep Minds, their AI developer. As a result, they were able to reduce the energy usage of the cooler at up to 40% and for the overall system at 15%.
AIaaS: A service that gives everyone access to computers.
Aside from managing the system, AI and machine learning are also used in the Cloud Computing system which resulted in AI as a Service or AIaaS. It will help people gain access to the capabilities of the AI via the internet. AI can analyze data for different objectives such as business data analysis, building structure system monitoring, to even working with the Internet of Things to assess the environment or for security purposes.
Today, AIaaS services are becoming popular among individual and corporate users. They are also being used as platforms to provide more services. Undoubtedly, this service will become even more widespread in the near future.
Will AI replace cybersecurity?
We often hear that AI will replace human labor when, in fact, AI will become a tool that will make our life easier. An advantage of AI is that we can disseminate analysis work, so we can solve problems and improve large systems in a short period of time. Also, we can learn from Big Data at great speed.
For security reasons, it is not possible to rely solely on AI, instead, there need to be integrations of system and format. Also, the system design must be concise with a true understanding that is paired with forecasts of future trends as well as other minute details. Therefore, human creativity will still be essential. AI is not replacing human but instead, those who have not adapted to learn and understand may be disrupted by AI.
This is the reason why Digital Ventures is collaborating with educational institutions and private sectors to launch U.REKA. This is a project that supports Deep Tech innovation in Thailand by assisting the ecosystem for Deep Tech startups to compete in the knowledge-based economy which is a major global trend. For more information, please visit u-reka.co.